ViewRanger Over-The-Air International Token Pack Description
ViewRanger is a the next generation of mobile GPS units, bringing mapping, navigation, tracking, and information tools straight to your mobile phone. The Viewranger software, which is available in a simple SD card format, provides information about your immediate surroundings through the use of your phones in built GPS function, and converts a smartphone into a fully featured hand held GPS unit. ViewRanger is ideal for walkers, mountain bikers, climbers, and any outdoors folk who don't want the additional spend of buying a GPS unit when they already have a modern phone.
ViewRanger OTA (Over-The-Air) Tokens allow you to download map tiles direct to your handset via the mobile network or wireless connection. No need to purchase a pack that includes lots of areas that you have no plans on visiting, using this OTA Token to download tiles from international destinations that you are visiting whenever you need them.
When you purchase a Token Pack, you will be emailed a Token Code. You will need to activate your tokens by entering this Token Code at our Activation web page, or through the Activate menu within the ViewRanger software application.
This token pack covers a range of international destinations, fom EU countries to USA and New Zealand.
- Topographic map data available with this pack:
- Belgium 1:100k (up to 3900 sqkm), 1:50k (up to 600 sqkm), 1:10k (up to 200 sqkm)
- Finland 1:50k (up to 700 sqkm), 1:20k (up to 350 sqkm)
- France 1:100k (up to 10000 sqkm*), 1:25k (up to 1000 sqkm*)
- Germany 1:50k (up to 8000 sqkm), 1:25k (up to 4000 sqkm)
- Ireland (Eire) 1:50k (up to 5575 sqkm)
- Netherlands 1:25k (up to 1000 sqkm)
- New Zealand 1:50k (up to 26,250 sqkm)
- Slovenia 1:50k (up to 890 sqkm), 1:25k (up to 500 sqkm)
- Sweden 1:50k (up to 320 sqkm)
- Switzerland 1:100k (up to 3000 sqkm), 1:50k (up to 700 sqkm), 1:25k (up to 200 sqkm).
- USA 1:500k (free), 1:100k (500 tiles, approx., 59000 sq km), 1:24k (333 tiles, approx 9900 sq km)
The example map areas given show the area available if the whole token pack is used on this map layer.
- Other Data available over-the-air with these tokens:
- Guided Lesiure Routes (costs vary, but typically around 10 routes can be downloaded via Route Search with a single Token Pack. Routes mainly available in UK at current time.)
- City Guides AA TravelGuide to London; OSi Guide to Dublin.
Working off the Android or Symbian platforms, the Viewranger software is quick to install and easy to use - this is GPS at it's most accessible.
VIEWRANGER SMARTPHONE GPS CARD FEATURES
- Clear and detailed topographic maps.
- Map detail includes: contours, footpaths, rights of way, grid lines, tourist information, etc
- Fast pan and zoom functionality.
- Internal GPS will quickly plot your position and update automatically as your move.
- Velocity and direction shown on map display.
- Current grid reference permanently displayed.
- Grid refernce format can be altered depending on the detail you need.
- Identify where you are looking at with 3D panoramic viewpoints**.
- Create and edit routes and waypoints, just like on a traditional GPS.
- Import waypoints and routes from your PC and the web.
- Traditional GPS display shows; altitude, bearing, distance, ETA, velocity.
- Program an alarm to alert you when you are nearing your destination.
- Track log recording lets you review your trip information such as; time, max and average speeds, height gain and loss.
- On screen graphs show your tracklog.
- Import your routes into Google Earth
- Take photos and video and plot their position on your route.
- See where your friends are with the Buddy Beacon.
- Manage your routes, tracks and waypoints easily with the Data Manager.
VIEWRANGER SMARTPHONE GPS CARD SPECIFICATIONS
- Requires a Symbian or Android* platform.
- Requires an internal GPS receiver.
- Some applications also require access to GPRS or 3G internet platforms.
* Some features are not available on Android although free updates will soon be available to fully enable them.
**Please note that Panoramic Map data is not available via the over-the-air tokens at this time.
Other Viewranger titles include the complete GB National Parks and the North of England.