Ordnance Survey EXP392 Ben Nevis and Fort William Description
The OS Explorer Map allows you to explore an area, by car, bike or on foot – in much more detail than the Landranger maps. It's precise 1:25,000 scale illustrates every landmark and feature needed to navigate any part of the UK, no matter how remote. With over 400 maps in the series, the OS Explorer maps are a must for any UK based trips or just for learning more about your local area.
A magnet for walkers in Scotland, this area of the highlands boasts the highest mountains in the UK, topping the height chart with Ben Nevis at 1344m (4,409 ft). Also on this map are another 18 Munros including The Mamores and Grey Corries as well as sections of the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way.
- All rights of way.
- 10m contours.
- Detailed terrain types.
- Vegetation coverage.
- Boundaries (such as National Parks)
- Tourist information, such as;
- Camping and caravan sites,
- Picnic areas and viewpoints,
- Nature reserves,
- A wealth of visitor attractions, including National Trust properties, museums, castles, golf courses and railways.
- 1:25,000 scale - 1km = 4cm (2½ inches = 1 mile)