Ordnance Survey EXP OL4 NW Lake District - Laminated Description
The OS Explorer Map allows you to explore an area, by car, bike or on foot – in much more detail than the Landranger maps. It's precise 1:25,000 scale illustrates every landmark and feature needed to navigate any part of the UK, no matter how remote. With over 400 maps in the series, the OS Explorer maps are a must for any UK based trips or just for learning more about your local area. As an added advantage, this one is laminated and so will not perish in the rain, or tear in the wind - perfect of Uk year-round use.
Stretching from Ambleside to the Solway Firth, OL4 covers the North Western area of the Lake District, and includes Derwent Water, Buttermere and Crummock as well as Keswick and Cockermouth. With the fine detail that you get with OS 1:25,000 maps, it is a must for tackling the NW fells including Great Gable, Pillar, Robinson, Skiddaw and many more.
- All rights of way.
- 10m contours.
- Detailed terrain types.
- Vegetation coverage.
- Boundaries (such as National Parks)
- Tourist information, such as;
- Camping and caravan sites,
- Picnic areas and viewpoints,
- Nature reserves,
- A wealth of visitor attractions, including National Trust properties, museums, castles, golf courses and railways.
- 1:25,000 scale - 1km = 4cm (2½ inches = 1 mile)