Ordnance Survey EXP OL5 NE Lake District Description
The OS Explorer Map allows you to explore an area, by car, bike or on foot – in much more detail than the Landranger maps. It's precise 1:25,000 scale illustrates every landmark and feature needed to navigate any part of the UK, no matter how remote. With over 400 maps in the series, the OS Explorer maps are a must for any UK based trips or just for learning more about your local area.
Part of the four maps needed to cover the whole of the Lakes National Park, OL5 shows, in detail, the area from Thirlmere all the way up to the Eden Valley and includes such icons as Ullswater, Helvellyn, High Street, the Kirkstone Pass and Patterdale.
- All rights of way.
- 10m contours.
- Detailed terrain types.
- Vegetation coverage.
- Boundaries (such as National Parks)
- Tourist information, such as;
- Camping and caravan sites,
- Picnic areas and viewpoints,
- Nature reserves,
- A wealth of visitor attractions, including National Trust properties, museums, castles, golf courses and railways.
- 1:25,000 scale - 1km = 4cm (2½ inches = 1 mile)