The article below is featured on the Petzl website. If you would like to know more info then please feel free to give us a call on 015394 32297 or drop us an email at email@example.com or contact Lyon Equipment directly (details below);
“…PETZL has discovered that exerting excessive force on the fully extended handle of the GRIGRI 2 can cause internal damage, such that the handle may become stuck in the open position.
- Petzl is not aware of any accidents resulting from this.
- Petzl has increased the mechanical strength of the handle on all GRIGRI 2’s since serial number 11137.
- Petzl is sending Lyon Equipment new production of GRIGRI 2’s to allow replacement of those currently in use in the UK and Ireland.
You are asked to stop using the GRIGRI 2 and to send it for replacement to;
After Sales Department (UK & Ireland) GRIGRI 2
Lyon Equipment Ltd.
Junction 38, M6
Cumbria CA10 3SS
Phone: 015396 25944 (GRIGRI only)
We will replace your GRIGRI 2 with the same colour. If you are happy to accept an alternative colour please let us know in writing with your return.
If we are temporarily out of a particular colour, and know an alternative is acceptable it enables us to provide the fastest replacement service to you.
For any service other than replacement please contact the retailer you purchased from. Lyon Equipment is unable to provide a refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
There are 4 ways you can return your GRIGRI 2 for replacement;
- Post it yourself – we will refund up to £6.50 postage.
- Collection from a business address – please pack ready for collection, the carrier will have an address label and collect during business hours. A signature is required. Please send details (including contact phone number) for the collection to GriGri2@Lyon.co.uk
- Pre-paid envelope - send your name, and postal address to GriGri2@Lyon.co.uk advising us how many GriGri 2’s you have, and we will send you an addressed, pre-paid plastic envelope so you can post it to us.
- Return to the retailer you purchased the GriGri 2 from so they can forward it to us.
NB. It is essential that you include contact details with any returned items;
- Phone number
- Email address
- Return postal address (this is a parcel - we require an address where someone can sign for the parcel, for example a work address.
The original GRIGRI is not included in this Recall for Replacement
Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We will resolve this as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Jonathan Capper, Managing Director…”