Arcteryx Lakeland Revival
In conjunction with the BMC, the Climbers Shop (South Lakes) and Needlesports (North Lakes).
Get out and rediscover some of the forgotten climbs in the Lake District
The Lakeland Revival Project led by Arcteryx aims to get climbers onto the Lake District’s long lost climbs once again and reinvigorate some old classic lines, which understandably may be a bit unloved and overgrown*
*Arcteryx aren’t advocating full on gardening sessions, wire brushing or any environmental destruction, just trying to increase traffic on these forgotten routes to bring them back to life.
For the list of routes checkout the Lakeland Revival Route List
To become part of the Lakeland Revival
· Choose a route from the specified list (available online and in store).
· Go and climb it and take a photo of themselves/partner climbing it or of the route with chalk on afterwards (just some sort of proof).
· Return to Needle Sports or The Climbers Shop and present the proof to the shop staff.
· They will then receive a free T-shirt or chalk bag (one prize per person) for as long as stock lasts.
There’s also an Instagram competition: #lakelandrevival with your best lakes photo to win an Arcteryx Atom Lt Jacket.
- The project is running through out August only.
- One prize per person – Not per route
- The prize only goes to the person leading, but if they had to alternate lead then they both get a prize.