MSR MIOX Purifier Description
Brand : MSR
Season : SS13
Code : 5005067
Used and abused by the U.S. military, the MSR MIOX Purifier delivers excellent ease of use, as well as good reliability for purifying large volumes of water, making it ideal for trekking, travel, and emergency use.
It works by creating a powerful dose of mixed oxidants (MIOX), which is then added to untreated water, inactivating viruses, bacteria, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium, some of which even iodine doesn't kill. As the MIOX Purifier needs just common camera batteries and salt to work, it is pretty maintenance-free, allowing you to purify more water, more easily.
- Pocket-sized adaptation of municipal grade purification system.
- No Pumping: Just add water, shake, and press a button.
- No Iodine: No health risk or unpleasant iodine taste.
- High-volume Efficiency: Small yet effective enough for large groups or extended trips.
- Reliable purification: Inactivates all viruses, bacteria, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium and test strips assure effectiveness.
- Effective against protozoa, bacteria and viruses
- Kit includes: MIOX Purifier, salt, batteries*, safety-indicator strips, instructions, quick-reference card, and storage sack.
- Weight 3.5 oz / 99 g
- Width 1 in / 2.5 cm
- Length 7 in / 18 cm
- Battery life ~200 liters