The Grivel Air Tech NewMatic's are excellent multi-use crampons. In many ways an ideal crampon for winter walking and mountaineering in the UK, and indeed classic alpinism in the mountains of Europe. These crampons benefit from low weight and low profile, they are dexterous and easy to walk in. They excel on mixed terrain, as the points are a little shorter than many, more traditional crampons. This means you feel more planted, not up on 'stilts', when crossing rock and they feel light, precise and nimble. They are an intelligently designed modern crampon that bridges the gap between a walking crampon and mountaineering crampon. Because of this the Air tech will fit a wider range of B1/B2 footwear
The Air Tech NM Crampons lack the very aggressive front points of the Grivel G12 and G14, so are less well suited to more technical or vertical terrain, but for the majority of users the Air Tech's cover most bases. They represent an excellent modern walking/mountaineering 12 point crampon design and definitely blur the boundaries between the old C1/C2 ratings.
Due to their lightness, versatility and small pack size, the Grivel air Tech NM's will also appeal to Ski Mountaineers and alpine trekkers.
GRIVEL AIR TECH NEW MATIC CRAMPON FEATURES
- Ten points in contact with ice while you’re walking, 12 that bite into the slope during traverses.
- This has been made possible because the third pair of points are shorter and wider apart. On top of this the last two front points have a double angulation to maintain bite when descending or traversing sideways.
- The crampons points are short and designed for the new requirements of “mixed modern’s” alternating ice and rock. Sharp points are ideal for anchoring on ice “cauliflowers” and when in traction or adherence.
- Even the soles of the most modern boots are perfectly covered. Semi-rigid model in one adjustable size.
- The bar can be regulated by hand, in two different lengths.
- Each pair includes anti balling plates and a 'concertina' anti balling sleeve for the extension bar.
- Points: 10+2
- Weight: 31.3 ozs or 888gr
- Size: Fit sizes 35-46