With the Allak, Hilleberg have tried to create a completely freestanding, 4 season, light Dome tent - The result is a two door, two vestibule tent that weighs just 2.9 kg. The Allak’s three poles cross in three places, so it is sturdy enough for all season use in both exposed and/or above tree line terrain as well as protected conditions. Its exceptionally compact footprint and free standing design are ideal for tough pitching conditions, such as rocky ground and sand. It's lightweight design however, makes it an excellent choice for high mileage trips where pitching is done every day.
The Hilleberg Allak is a very versatile piece of kit, ideal for paddlers who need the facility to pitch nearly anywhere, or backpackers who need the roominess in a lightweight package. Mountaineers will appreciate both its lightness as well as its ability to deal with snow loading.
- Sturdy dome design to cope with high winds and snowloading.
- Completely free standing and self supporting makes erecting more convenient.
- Quick and easy pitching due to;
- Short pole sleeve and clip system construction,
- Same length poles,
- Linked inner and outer tents.
- Compact footprint while maintaining interior roominess.
- Ultralight Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric.
- 9 mm lightweight poles.
- Pitching requires no pegs, but 12 peg points provide options for increasing stability:
- six loops, one at each pole end and six double guy lines with double line runners, one along each pole line.
- Spacious headroom thanks to the three pole structure and Dome design.
- Two entrances and two vestibules offer enhanced convenience, flexibility and comfort.
- Vestibules positioned parallel to the sleeping area inorder to make accessing gear more convenient.
- Dual entrances ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind.
- Ventilation works regardless of weather conditions, since both the inner tent’s fabric is highly breathable, and since there are two roof vents integrated into the top of the doors.
- Inner tent door features no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel.
- Top portion of the outer tents’ doors are made of highly air permeable yet water resistant fabric panels, so air flows freely, even when the panels are zipped closed.
- Net weight 2.5kg
- Gross weight 2,9 kg (16lb, 6oz)
- Also available is the Hilleberg Allak Footprint