Alpine Climbing - Techniques to Take You Higher Description
Brand : Cordee
Code : 403154
One of the Mountaineers Outdoor Expert Series of instructional books, Alpine Climbing is a comprehensive guide to the gear, practices and techniques of moderm alpinism.
Covering the basics up right through to advanced techniques, this manual is indispensible for alpinists of all abilities. Highlighting modern methods, equipment and procedures in an easy to follow format.
Houston and Cosley take mountaineering decision-making apart, give each peice of the process a name, and lay it on the table. this book will help you get up and down the mountain safely - Barry Blanchard, UIAGM/IFGMA Guide
This practical guide covers:
- The process of situational thinking and decision making, step by step
- Understanding the alpine environment and its potential hazards
- Selecting the most appropriate gear for different alpine terrain
- Identifying the route and staying on course
- Movement skills and protective systems for alpine rock, ice and snow
- Glacier travel and crevasse rescue