Ordnance Survey EXP OL6 SW Lake District Description
The OS Explorer Map allows you to explore an area, by car, bike or on foot – in much more detail than the Landranger maps. It's precise 1:25,000 scale illustrates every landmark and feature needed to navigate any part of the UK, no matter how remote. With over 400 maps in the series, the OS Explorer maps are a must for any UK based trips or just for learning more about your local area.
Ordnance Survey's South West Lakes map covers the Coniston area as well as the coast from the Furness peninnsula up to Seascale. An ideal area to explore on holiday, it encompasses some of the higher Lakeland fells such as Coniston Old Man, Scafell Pike, and the Langdale Pikes but also contains the picturesque coast of the Irish Sea, as well as the diverse Furness area.
- All rights of way.
- 10m contours.
- Detailed terrain types.
- Vegetation coverage.
- Boundaries (such as National Parks)
- Tourist information, such as;
- Camping and caravan sites,
- Picnic areas and viewpoints,
- Nature reserves,
- A wealth of visitor attractions, including National Trust properties, museums, castles, golf courses and railways.
- 1:25,000 scale - 1km = 4cm (2½ inches = 1 mile)