Wainwrights Pictorial Guide - Book 5: Northern Fells Description
Brand : Cordee
Code : 4004016
Alfred Wainwrights - A Pictorial Guide to the Lakeland Fells: Book Five (5), The Northern Fells: Being an Illustrated Account of a Study and Exploration of the Mountains in the English Lake District.
Alfred Wainwrights much loved pictorial guides to the fells of the Lake District have long been an institution in hill walking. For over 50 years, his incredible knowledge of the area and keen eye for detail have made exploring the Lakes a less daunting and more enjoyable task. Now, and for the first time, the Wainwright Estate have granted Chris Jesty permission for a sensitive process of updating to ensure that all the diagrams and descriptions are still as accurate and precise as A.W. was himself.
Book Five: The Northern Fells, features the fells at the far northern end of the park, a dramatic and awe inspiring area that is often overlooked int he quest to get straight into the heart of the lakes. Nevertheless, this area has some fantastic fells, sucha s Skiddaw, Blencathra, Long side, and High Pike as well as fantastic views across the whole of the rest of the mountains. Great walks, fantastic views and all within spitting distance of Keswick and Penrith.
- Detailed and accurate description of 24 fells in the Northern Lake District.
- Precise scale drawings of possible ascent routes drawn in perspective nto map form.
- A wealth of local information and knowledge.
- Evocative pen and ink drawings by Wainwright himself.
- 360 degree panorama plans for summit spotting.
- Interesting and useful map and drawing inserts.
- Terrain and altitude information.
- ISBN: 9780711226678
- First published in 1962