Wainwrights Pictorial Guide - Book 7: Western Fells Description
Brand : Cordee
Season : Perennial
Code : 4001015
Alfred Wainwrights - A Pictorial Guide to the Lakeland Fells: Book Seven (7), The Western Fells: Being an Illustrated Account of a Study and Exploration of the Mountains in the English Lake District.
Alfred Wainwrights much loved pictorial guides to the fells of the Lake District have long been an institution in hill walking. For over 50 years, his incredible knowledge of the area and keen eye for detail have made exploring the Lakes a less daunting and more enjoyable task. Now, and for the first time, the Wainwright Estate have granted Chris Jesty permission for a sensitive process of updating to ensure that all the diagrams and descriptions are still as accurate and precise as A.W. was himself.
Book Seven: The Western Fells, covers the area between Ennerdale and Derwent which includes some of the more magestic figures of the Lakes such as Great Gable, Steeple, Haycock, and Green Gable as well as the lower but often more picturesque fells around Crummock and Buttermere.
- Detailed and accurate description of over 30 fells in the Western side of the Lake District.
- Precise scale drawings of possible ascent routes drawn in perspective nto map form.
- A wealth of local information and knowledge.
- Evocative pen and ink drawings by Wainwright himself.
- 360 degree panorama plans for summit spotting.
- Interesting and useful map and drawing inserts.
- Terrain and altitude information.
- ISBN: 9780711224605
- First published in 1966