Wainwrights Pictorial Guide - Book 6: North Western Fells Description
Brand : Cordee
Code : 4001012
Alfred Wainwrights - A Pictorial Guide to the Lakeland Fells: Book Six (6), The North Western Fells: Being an Illustrated Account of a Study and Exploration of the Mountains in the English Lake District.
Alfred Wainwrights much loved pictorial guides to the fells of the Lake District have long been an institution in hill walking. For over 50 years, his incredible knowledge of the area and keen eye for detail have made exploring the Lakes a less daunting and more enjoyable task. Now, and for the first time, the Wainwright Estate have granted Chris Jesty permission for a sensitive process of updating to ensure that all the diagrams and descriptions are still as accurate and precise as A.W. was himself.
Book Six: The North Western Fells, guides you around some of the most popular norhtern peaks of the Lake District. Covering the area to the west of (and easily accessible from) Keswick, it includes the perrenial favorites of Catbells, Causey Pike, High Spy, Dale Head, Robinson, and Grasmoor as well as the smaller summits to the west of Bassenthwaite Lake. The views from these fells are some of the finest in the area, overlooking Dewentwater, Buttermere, Honister Pass and looking towards the far northern peaks and Scotland.
- Detailed and accurate description of nearly 30 fells in the North Western end of the Lake District.
- Precise scale drawings of possible ascent routes drawn in perspective nto map form.
- A wealth of local information and knowledge.
- Evocative pen and ink drawings by Wainwright himself.
- 360 degree panorama plans for summit spotting.
- Interesting and useful map and drawing inserts.
- Terrain and altitude information.
- ISBN: 9780711224599
- First published in 1964